Using less energy in the home is an important thing for us all to consider. It has positive impacts on:-
- The environment and effects of climate change
- The sustainability of limited fuel resources
- Your bank balance
One way we can use less energy in the home is by changing the way we use our appliances. Common changes include:-
- When you boil a kettle, only use as much water as you need
- Turn appliances off at the wall – don’t leave them on standby
- Use energy-saving light bulbs
- Defrost your freezer regularly
- Make draught excluders for outside doors, windows and letterboxes.
- When using your washing machine, never set it higher than 30˚
Another way of saving energy is ensuring your home and appliances are energy efficient. This means that it takes less energy for items to produce the needed results. Common examples of energy efficient improvements include:-
- Using energy efficient lightbulbs, which use less energy than standard ones
- Insultation to ensure heat is kept in your home
- Replacing old and inefficient appliances with more effective models
For impartial and free advice on energy efficiency visit Energy Savings Trust https://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/
In England, you can contact Energy Saving Trust on – 0800 444 202.
In Scotland, Home Energy Scotland can support you – 0808 808 2282.
In Wales, you can contact Nest for tailored advice – 0808 808 2244.
I commend Charles for the efficient and courteous way he dealt with my query and we were able to agree a fair monthly payment without any fuss but a good dialogue.