Fair Processing Notice for previous OneSelect customers
As communicated previously, Ofgem (the energy regulator) appointed Together Energy on 14 December 2018 to support OneSelect’s customers after OneSelect ceased trading on Monday 10 December 2018.
Together Energy Limited (company number SC533489) has its registered office at Erskine House, North Avenue, Clydebank Business Park, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire, Scotland, G81 2DR (“Together Energy”, “we”). When we decide what your personal data is used for and how it is used we are a controller.
1. Where OneSelect customers transferred to Together Energy
2. Where OneSelect customers did not transfer to Together Energy
If you were previously a customer of OneSelect but did not transfer to Together Energy as our new customer then please read this section.
We may have received your personal data from OneSelect and / or the administrators of OneSelect to allow us to use your information for the following purposes:
- If you were owed a credit by OneSelect we will use your data to provide a final balance position with OneSelect and to process your credit balance. We do this on the basis of our, your and OneSelect’s legitimate interests of processing your credit balance.
- If you owed money to OneSelect when you left OneSelect we will use your data to provide a final balance position with OneSelect, to process your debit balance, and to collect any owed debts from you. We do this on the basis of our and OneSelect’s legitimate interests of processing your debt balance.
With Whom Will Together Energy Share Your Data?
We may allow other organisations and people to use personal information we hold about you to carry out the activities related to processing your final balance position with OneSelect including collecting any balance owed (debit balance) or payment of balance due (credit balance):
- The appointed administrators of OneSelect
- Organisations that supervise or distribute data between meters, energy suppliers and other organisations that enable suppliers to bill customers for energy used and customers to switch between suppliers
- Organisations that will allow us to produce a final balance position with OneSelect
- Another supplier you want to switch to
- Debt collection agencies and other organisations involved with debt collection (for example, bailiffs, law courts, private investigators) – currently we use a debt collection agency known as Opos Limited
- Market regulators such as OFGEM and consumer protection organisations such as the Energy Ombudsman
- Financial organisations for purposes such as payment processing, finance plans and refunds
- Organisations who provide technology solutions to communicate with you electronically
- Organisations who provide printing services if we require to communicate with you by letter
Where we are processing your data on the instructions of other parties, such as OneSelect and its administrators, those other parties may also be controllers of your personal data and you should consult their privacy notices also.
From the very first telephone conversation, I knew that this was not another run of the mill energy supplier. Every time I phoned I was treated to a genuinely happy hello and not once did I get the impression that the person on the end of the line was just reading a script.